Back on October 29 I posted about the Laundry soap that I made from this recipe. I originally started out with about 16 cups of Soap (the above container plus the below container.)
Today I still have the above container that I haven't touched, and this much(below) left of the original container!
When I added them together I have this much (below) left of my original batch that I made TWO MONTHS ago!
As you can see, I have been keeping track of the scoops I've used. (the black marks on the lid)
Conclusion After 2 Months of Use:
I have used a little over half of the soap and gotten 125 scoops out of it. Which translates to 250 Tablespoons or 125 potential loads. I say 125 "potential" because I sometimes used a scoop and a half for really dirty loads.
How did it work: I have not really noticed any difference in the way it cleans. It seems to work great!
What would I do differently next time: 1.I would cut up the soap much finer, because sometimes I still had chunks of undissolved soap when the load was finished. 2. I would use all-natural, unscented soap because of my sensitive skin.
Overall, I LOVE this soap and will continue to make it! I spent less than $20 and it is going to last me over 3 months!
Also, I have been using just White Vinegar instead of Fabric Softener, and it works great. I never used scented softener anyway, because I have sensitive skin. It comes out without any strong scent, just a fresh scent, and that is fine with me! It is a cheap and natural alternative to softener!