Nolt Trip Part 1

On our way to Indiana, we stopped for the nite in Kentucky at a hotel.  We thought it would be fun to take the kids swimming after a long day in the van.  They did awesome in the van, by the way!  But lo and behold the pool was closed!  Did I mention that it was really HOT there too?  So I called up the hotel next door and they let us come swim in their pool!  I was pretty impressed by the Kentucky hospitality!  Then back in the hotel room, the kids found ways to entertain themselves while we took showers...


They played in the curtains...

          ...they played games on the computer...
                                                                        ...and they made faces in the mirror...


I always forget what it's like sleeping in the same room as my kids....let's just say we didn't sleep very well!  Thankfully, that was the only nite we has to do that...


The next day, we were planning on visiting a small state park that has a pioneer village, but it started raining, so we only got to see the mill and all the millstones before we had to leave....






The weather got nicer as we kept driving north...We stopped at a cute restaurant on a river for lunch.  We had to drive through quite a bit of the countryside to find it...but it was fun.

At this same exit was the site of a civil war fort that we did not take the time to find...it was way up the hill.



But we did stop at a replica of it to take some pictures...
Daniel Boone was said to have built the original fort...


After this we traveled the rest of the way to Ft Wayne where we visited Brendan's brother's family...And that will be PART 2...
NOTE: During this leg of the journey I realized that I had left the battery to my good camera at home!!!  So my sweet mother-in-law mailed it to one of our future destinations...This is why my pictures at this point leave much to be desired!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The NEW Strawberry Jam

Laundry Soap Update

THINGS I LEARNED FROM MY MOTHER