Tips and Tricks


 My daughter is getting taller by the minute, and keeping her clothed is a challenge!  I like long shorts for her so that she can run and jump and climb with comfort and modesty!  And since I don't like paying full price for anything, I picked up these boy's pants and cut them off to the desired length.  I hemmed them and then, just so they would look more girly, I used this iron-on that I had at home to jazz them up a little.


I also found these blue sweatpants (girl's this time) and cut them off.  I didn't sew a hem but I sewed about 1/4 inch from the edge.  After I washed them, they kind of curled up a little, but they won't fray. 


I had some fun making these jumbo flowers!  Just a strip of fabric folded, ironed, and gathered on the sewing machine, then wrapped into shape and hot glued onto a piece of felt.


A little dress I found for the little lady that was too big on top but would be perfect in length.  I often get a size or two bigger just for length and then sew up the straps.  But this time I didn't need to sew!  Just knotted!
(BTW all these items, except flowers, were found at Goodwill...love that place)



Comments

  1. Way to go, Wynette! If I had a girl, I would totally do that for appropriate shorts! And knotting the straps on that dress is a great idea--so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The NEW Strawberry Jam

Laundry Soap Update

THINGS I LEARNED FROM MY MOTHER