I Love Baby Wipes

 So let me just say that I am on this DIY(do it yourself) kick right now.  Any way to make something myself and save money, I am all about it!  I have made the homemade laundry soap, and love that!  I paid not quite $20 for FOUR MONTHS of soap!  I estimate I saved $30-$50!  I have substituted vinegar for softener and saved another chunk of $$.  I also use vinegar as a rinse aid in the dishwasher...the jury is still out on that one.

I have also been researching homemade body soap and shampoo recipes.  I bought some unscented castile bar soap and want to experiment making my own body wash.

I also use quite a few baby wipes in this house even though I don't have any babies in diapers any more (PTL)!  I have seen this recipe for homemade wipes on different blogs and have wanted to try it, so I finally got around to it.


The first thing I did was go to Big Lots and buy the containers... Then I admit to trying this recipe with cheap Sparkle paper towels...NO GO!  I had to throw them all out...but it wasn't a big loss.  I went and bought Bounty and it was well worth it!  I adjusted the recipe slightly to meet my needs.  It seemed a little too soapy for me.  So this is what I ended up with:
2 1/4 cup water
1 TBSP baby shampoo/wash
1 TBSP baby oil

First you cut the paper towel roll in half (for pictures, see the link above).  I used an electric knife and it worked GREAT!  I mixed up the ingredients and poured them in the container, then placed the half paper towel roll in, cut side down.  I let the water soak at least half way up the roll, then put the lid on and flipped it over.  After it was completely soaked, I removed the cardboard center and pulled the towels from the center and we were in business!  They are really nice!  Thanks again to my friend Jen for inspiring me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The NEW Strawberry Jam

Laundry Soap Update

THINGS I LEARNED FROM MY MOTHER