Back on October 29 I posted about the Laundry soap that I made from this recipe . I originally started out with about 16 cups of Soap (the above container plus the below container.) Today I still have the above container that I haven't touched, and this much(below) left of the original container! When I added them together I have this much (below) left of my original batch that I made TWO MONTHS ago! As you can see, I have been keeping track of the scoops I've used. (the black marks on the lid) Conclusion After 2 Months of Use: I have used a little over half of the soap and gotten 125 scoops out of it. Which translates to 250 Tablespoons or 125 potential loads. I say 125 "potential" because I sometimes used a scoop and a half for really dirty loads. How did it work: I have not really noticed any difference in the way it cleans. It seems to work great! What would I do differently next time: 1.I would cut up ...
SUMMER UPDATE! I don't know why I thought Summer would be relaxing...It turned out to be very busy! Not sure why! We were in charge of VBS at our church with another couple, and that took a lot of my time. Here are a few pictures: Brendan and I made some DINOSAURS for VBS..they were awfully cute... This was the pre-paint look: I did have time for some other things... Such as... Babysitting for my adorable new nephew...Grady! As well as some fun projects: This photo was my INSPIRATION(Pinterest): Result: Below Found Target t-shirts on sale for $5 so I bought two and did this: Another Project this summer: Making a case for my Kindle... so fun! We also switched the kids rooms around and repainted, etc. This is Joanna's room.....
Don't you love the sense of accomplishment you feel after you complete a project or task that took some effort? I am feeling pretty good about myself right now because I just accomplished the project of making laundry soap! I saw this idea and recipe on Twila's blog and thought "I really need to try this!" It was really simple to do but it feels good knowing that I saved some money and I can't wait to see how it works for me! Another sense of accomplishment comes from the painting of this chest of drawers. I have been needing to replace the old chest of drawers that I kept in the kitchen to hold cookbooks, stationery, tools, batteries, etc. It was so bad it was giving me splinters! So I found this vintage beauty at GW for a steal, only it was a speckled light green! Straight form the 70's! So my dear husband spray-painted it for me. Can't believe how nice it turned out. I am considering painting a design on it like the...
Gotta love that!!
ReplyDeleteHeehee! That's great! :)
ReplyDelete