Birthday Boy!


So, my sweet little Benjamin Brendan has turned 5! I can hardly believe how the time has flown since I had him via c-section! We were living in Indiana at the time and I was attempting to have him VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean), but alas, I went into labor and experienced the most painful few hours of my life all to hear them say, "He's breech!" So, for this reason, all of my children were destined to be born through a slit in my mid-section!
The minute I laid eyes on him, I loved him instantly, but what normal mother doesn't! He looked just like his daddy's baby pictures! This time we had a real Nolt!This crazy-looking man was NOT my doctor! Thank Goodness! He was the nervous father!
How precious!Benjamin did give us quite a scare when his bilirubins soared sky high! They took him to the NICU and put him in an incubator for a few days to be under an intense light. I was only allowed to take him out to feed him! They put a little mask on him and it was so pitiful! It was pretty difficult for an emotional, hormonal mommy to handle! We were just glad it was nothing more serious! This is when we found out that I have an a-typical antibody (probably transferred from JJ to me at his birth) which is probably what caused Ben's bad jaundice. He was born Tuesday night and we were finally allowed to go home on Saturday. We still had to take the bili-light home with us(pictured above). Sam had that too...what a pain!
His big brother was in love and gave him lots of kisses! We loved his chubby cheeks!
Everyone loved Ben, he was so cuddly!
From sweet toddler...
To sweet first-grader! I love you Ben! You are caring and sensitive and such a willing helper! God has wonderful things in store for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The NEW Strawberry Jam

THINGS I LEARNED FROM MY MOTHER

Laundry Soap Update