A fresh look

Okay, so for the last 2 and a half years we have been sleeping with our mattresses on the floor. The reason being that we needed to refinish and patch the gouges that were made during the move back from IN. So, we thought, "let's not put the bed up until we fix it'! Ha! So there it set all this time! Finally last week, I said, "Brendan, can't we just paint it!?" We had wanted to strip and restain it, but that was a HUGE mountain! I told him I would help sand it and we could just DO IT! SO we did, and we finished it yesterday! It's such a wonderful feeling to have it done! It used to be a blondish stain, but I never really liked the color a whole lot(we did it ourselves). I really like the black, it's like having a whole new bedroom!

I have to admit that it was weird sleeping up off the ground. I did NOT sleep very well last night! haha
We had some friends visit from IN. They went to Sunrise Chapel with us. Kenny and Anna were having kids the same time as us. And when I say the same time, I mean the SAME TIME! Here is a picture of all eight of our kids. L to R is Ben and Will, both 4, Kyra and Joanna, both 1 and a half, Sam and Leah, both 3, and JJ and McKenna, both 6 (4 days apart!)
Here is Kyra trying to kiss Joanna! How cute is that!?

Comments

  1. Wow! You guys did a fabulous job on the furniture! Did you know that I graduated with Anna? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The NEW Strawberry Jam

Laundry Soap Update

THINGS I LEARNED FROM MY MOTHER