My Mom has some quirky traits that she got from her Mom. Things that I used to make fun of her for. Guess what? I realized that I am a LOT like her! Quirks and all!
She taught me:
1. To accept others, no matter what they look like or what their social status is.
2. To accept myself, just the way God made me.To embrace who I am and boldly celebrate ME!
3. To go for a goal whole-heartedly
4. To let my beliefs guide me, to be true to my convictions
5. To be creatively budget-concious (shopping the second-hand stores, making my own versions of things that I would spend too much on in the store, etc) This is where some of those quirks come in!
6. To be compassionate
7. To be a servant, even when I don't feel like it
8. To be a creative mother, coming up with ideas to do things differently
9. To love music and art.
10. To sing silly little songs about nothing ....
And the list goes on....to be continued
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
We had Brendan's mom and dad and grandma over for Mother's Day. It turned out to be a really nice day! We had done something for my mom on Saturday night.
This was my first Mother's Day with a daughter and it really made me think about all the things that I learned from my mother about being a mother, and all the things that I want to pass on to Joanna about being a mother! It was a sweet day!
-Above: Great-grandma Martha and JoJo
-Mommy and Joanna
-Joanna in her favorite place! Under the coffee table
Sunday, May 4, 2008
I can't believe Jeremiah had his first recital today! He is growing up so fast! It was a very hectic day, but we made it! We went to church this morning, rushed home, ate, and went to the recital. Then we rushed home to get the kids napped! Then we woke them up to go to church again! Poor things! Poor mommy & daddy! But we had a good day! Very exciting for JJ! Enjoy the pics!